Thai Massaman Curry Beef
We call our Thai Massaman Curry Paste “The Adelaide Hills Fusion” in honour of the fusion of ingredients that make up one of the world’s favourite dishes.Flavours from Persia, the Indian subcontinent, and the Malay Archipelago abound in this rich, mild curry.If you are looking for some inspiration to make your own wonderful Thai Massaman Curry Beef, why not try our recipe.
- 4 tbsp The Origin of Taste – Thai Massaman Curry Paste or amount to taste
- 1 kg Beef Brisket or Beef off-cuts or swap with protein of your choice
- 2 cups Jasmine Rice 3 cups of water for cooking rice
- 4 tbsp Vegetable Oil Non-GM
- 400 ml Coconut Cream
- 400 ml liquid stock or one tablespoon of stock powder mixed with 400ml
- 2 2 Onions diced
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Star Anise
- 300 g Potato cut into large chunks
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional Extras for Garnish to really get it happening
- Makrut Lime Leaf
- Chopped fresh Chilli if you like it hot
- Crispy Fried Shallots
- Wash rice thoroughly before cooking
- Slice Beef Brisket or off-cuts into big chunks
- Heat a deep pan or pot on a medium/high heat, add oil and then beef
- Sear beef until it gets some colour and remove from pan
- Add diced onion and sauté for about a minute
- Add The Origin of Taste – Thai Massaman Curry Paste and sauté for until fragrant.
- Add Cinnamon Stick and Star Anise and continue to sauté.
- Add coconut cream, stock and beef and allow it to come to a boil.
- Then reduce heat to a gentle simmer for about 30 to 45 minutes until beef is tender.
- Slow Cooker Option
- Pour everything into the Slow Cooker and cook for at least 3 hours (or until your beef is tender)
- Once beef is tender, (return to pot/pan if slow cooking) add potato and on a low/medium heat, cook until the potatoes are cooked (about 10 mins).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve curry into onto a plate with steamed Jasmine Rice.
- Garnish with a couple of Makrut live leaves, chopped fresh chillies, and crispy fried shallots to taste.
- Before eating, take photo and share!!!
- Bon Appetit!!