We call our Laksa Paste 'The Adelaide Hills Controversy'. So what's the controversy? Ownership of Laksa is claimed by at least four S.E. Asian nations and there are so many styles of Laksa. Just to add to the controversy, this is our style.
- 3 tbsp The Origin of Taste Laksa Paste (amount to taste)
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil non-GM
- 400 ml Coconut Cream
- 200 ml Liquid Chicken Stock or 1 Tablespoon of Chicken Stock Powder with 200ml of water
- 300 g Chicken Thigh Fillets or protein of your choice
- Vermicelli or Rice Noodles
- Bean Sprouts
- Red Capsicum
- A bunch of Asian Greens
- Coriander for Garnish
- Salt, Sugar, and Sour to your taste (e.g. Fish Sauce, Palm Sugar, Lime Juice)
- Optional Extras (to really get it happening)
- Chopped fresh Chilli (if you like it hot)
- 1 Stalk of Lemongrass (white end)
- 3 Makrut Lime Leaves
- Fried Tofu Puffs not really optional
- Crispy Fried Shallots
- Slice the chicken into medium size pieces.
- Heat a deep frying pan (or wok) to a medium heat and add oil.
- Add chicken and sauté for about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Now add The Origin of Taste Laksa Paste and stir fry for about 3 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in the coconut cream and chicken stock and allow it to come up to a gentle simmer for about 5 minutes.
- If using. add Makrut Lime Leaves, Lemongrass stalk, and chopped Chilli (the chilli can be added later – see below)
- Season by adding about 1 tablespoon each of the lime juice, fish sauce and palm sugar.
- Stir through, taste and adjust seasoning to your likening.
- Add Red Capsicum, Asian Greens, and Fried Tofu Puffs (if using).
- Simmer for a for just long enough to heat vegetables (not cooked through), about 1 – 2 minutes max.
- Remove Lemongrass stalk and Makrut Lime Leaves
- Cook Vermicelli or Rice Noodles as per packet directions.
- Place noodles and Bean Sprouts in a deep bowl and ladle in the Chicken Laksa Soup.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- If you are spicing it up, add chopped fresh chillis or serve on the side in a bowl.
- Then top your Chicken Laksa Soup with Crispy Fried Shallots (if using)
- Before eating, take photo and share!!!
- Bon Appetit!